The official theme park guidebook for Disney-MGM Studios at Walt Disney World from the middle of 1989.
Guide book's main theme: "The Great Movie Ride"
Changes in the guide book include (since the early 1989 guidebook):
- Addition of two-hour photo express services in the park.
- "The Great Movie Ride" is labeled as "Chinese Theatre, home of 'The Great Movie Ride.'"
- The previously unnamed show on Hollywood Boulevard is now known as "Theatre of the Stars."
- "Hollywood & Vine" is now classified as being in the Lakeside Circle section of the park instead of Hollywood Boulevard.
- Renaming of "Epic Stunt Spectacular" to "Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular."
- "Endor Vendors" is labeled as opening in early 1990 (the previous guidebook implied that the store was open and that only "Star Tours" was still closed).
- "Walking Tour" has been added to the "Backstage Studio Tour" page to help imply which stops are on the tram ride and which parts happen along the walking tour.
- The generic photo opportunity shop is now known as "Fototoons."
- The area with the Animation Tour is labeled as being the Studio Courtyard.
- The "Soundstage Restaurant" and "The Catwalk Bar" are now classified as being in the Studio Courtyard.
- The "Photocopying Process" part of the Animation Tour is now known as "Cell Transfer."
- The Walt Disney World Swan resort is being labeled as "Just Opened" (Scheduled Opening Late Fall 1989).
- Advertisement for The Little Mermaid (opening November 17, 1989).
Note - Each picture can be clicked on for a larger image. If you choose to share these pictures, please refer back to where you found them and do not modify or alter them in any way!
This guidebook for the Disney-MGM Studios is (c) The Walt Disney Company and Kodak.