Disney decals like this (without the quote) are available at www.BuildYourDisneySide.com.
Greetings and welcome to Florida-Project.com!
Florida-Project.com is a dedication and visual representation to the history and future development of Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando.
Through the usage of hundreds of guidemaps, vacation guides, brochures, and other assorted items, you can see how the theme parks have evolved over the years. But that's not all! Florida-Project.com features a richly detailed photo section that also functions as a tour guide as well as a history teacher. As you browse through the photo pages you'll also learn about the development of the various resorts and attractions, and you'll even receive tips such as when to avoid the crowds. (Photos are returning soon!)
Florida-Project.com is home to one of the Internet's largest collections of vintage and current guidemaps for Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando!
Please visit the "About Us" page to learn more the website, how it was created, and what you can do to help it continue.
Florida-Project.com by the numbers:
Total number of theme park guidemaps: 331
Total number of vacation planning guides: 70
Total number of photos: (Photos are returning soon!)
Tuesday, March 17, 2015:
Two quick notes:
- First, Cinderella is a great movie. Yes, it's still a chick flick, but it's still very entertaining for the whole family.
- Second, has anybody seen the trailers for the upcoming Disney, science-fiction movie Tomorrowland? I don't know what to make of the movie yet as so little of the story has been released, but parts of it seem intriguing. An updated trailer for Tomorrowland was shown in front of Cinderella. In one of the quick scenes in the trailer, Space Mountain was visible in the futuristic city. The structure on the left side of the same scene has something that looks like the track for the TTA PeopleMover.
This make me wonder how many Tomorrowland attractions will be referenced in the movie. This makes it both interesting and a little bit scary as not every Tomorrowland attraction (namely classic Tomorrowland rides such as Space Mountain, Starjets and the PeopleMover) has an obvious story to go with it. I've looked through the Space Mountain comic book that they are selling in Downtown Disney, and it seemed like the writers were really pushing to have an interesting story involving the ride.
Another interesting scene in the Tomorrowland trailer showed the main characters riding in some sort of rocket. What made it particularly interesting was that the interior of the rocket looked like Steampunk / Jules Verne-inspired theming, almost as if it belonged with the Disneyland Paris version of Space Mountain. Since American movies tend to perform well in Europe, is this a nod to Discoveryland in Disneyland Paris?
We'll have to wait and see when Tomorrowland is released on May 22, 2015.
Friday, March 13, 2015:
- Updates are back in progress! Just as things were rolling here, all of a sudden I had other projects that needed my attention. One of which was changing cell phone companies. You know how much fun that is doing the research, waiting for the new phone to arrive in the mail, activating the phone and porting your number, and then getting phone accessories once everything is working. It all pays off though as long as you do your homework. :-)
- One good thing about taking a temporary break is that it allows you to return to the website and take a fresh look at things. You may notice that the pages look slightly different and the text is easier to read. That's one of a few recent changes around here.
- Anyway, all of Frontierland has just been added to the website. It was a total of 737 photos. Liberty Square will be next, and following that will be Fantasyland, Mickey's ToonTown Fair, and then Tomorrowland.
- Updates for the next couple of weeks will be a little bit slower as I have a ton of work to do on one of my other websites, RellimZone.com.
Saturday, February 14, 2015:
- Happy Valentine's Day!
- The first phase of the Walt Disney World photos is back online. The Magic Kingdom is first, and as you can see, there are several pages ready to go. There's also some new content that was not published on the previous version of the website. Right now the Disney photo count is 888 photos, but that number is going to rise dramatically over the next week or two. Keep checking the Disney photo index page for the latest updates.
Tuesday, February 10, 2015:
- All of the Universal Studios Florida photo pages are back online. I also added a new page for the Hogwarts Express - King's Cross Station in Diagon Alley. That's a grand total of 2,156 Universal photos, and I still have to add Universal's Islands of Adventure to the website.
Florida-Project.com is currently undergoing major construction.
Tons of material is currently in the process of being added back to the website. The general layout may see a few more changes before everything is finished. Some of the links may change.
We ask you to bear with us as we expedite this process and get the website fully operational again.